The food packaging market is expected to register a CAGR of over 6% over the forecast period (2021 – 2026). Automation technologies are used widely in the processing industries. Food processing is highly monotonous and repetitive in nature. Automation of these tasks enhances product quality, process efficiency, and saves labor charges as well.
– The growth in overall automation levels is allowing processing and packaging plants to introduce new products on the same assembly lines. Moreover, one out of five packaging and processing plants already deal with more than 100 product types, with a majority expecting that number to increase in the next few years.
– Technological enhancements in the automation industry and the stringent food safety regulations regarding food hygiene are boosting the market’s growth positively.
– Changes in the consumer demands towards preferring fast, affordable, and easily accessible food options has led to the transformation in the food & beverages industry, with vendors leveraging automation technologies to scale operations and help companies stay relevant in the dynamic market environment.
– Furthermore, increasing demand for advanced automated systems such as robotics will boost the growth of the market over the forecast period. For instance, According to a survey from the Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, 94% of food packaging operations are using robotics already. As for food processing, approximately a third of companies are using robotics.
Key Market Trends
Motors & Generators Type is Expected to Hold the Significant Share
– The motors used in the food and beverage industry have demanding requirements in segments such as meat, dairy and baking goods, poultry and fish, as well as within applications such as mixers, grinders, and conveyors. It is also necessary that machines operate without fault, for longer and at the highest possible level of energy efficiency throughout their lifespan.
– The growing significance of motors in motion control applications involving high-pressure wash-down and high torque applications with precise motion control has greatly improved their functionality. Generators ensure smooth and efficient functioning of systems in the food industry.
– A company such as ABB Ltd. provide motors which help to run food and beverage applications, from raw material handling to processing and conveying, to packing and storage, without compromising on the standards demanded in the industry.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Witness Highest Growth Rate
– Asia-Pacific is anticipated to witness the highest growth rate owing to the high growth of the Food & Beverage industry in the region. The region is witnessing tremendous growth for the food and beverage industry due to an increase in health awareness, disposable income, and urbanization. Due to this, many players of F&B are moving from manual to automation processing to increase the output and develop new products, which ultimately drives the growth of the market.
– For instance, according to the World Bank, the urbanization rate in China increased to 57.90% in the year 2017 from 51.89% in 2012. This has resulted in a growing demand for food and beverages and made China one of the largest food and beverage industry in the world.
– Similarly, in India allocation of the Ministry of Food Processing has been doubled from INR 715 crore in 2017-18 to INR 1400 crore in 2018-19.
– Moreover, a rising number of manufacturers operating in the F&B industry is anticipated to boost the market’s growth positively over the forecast period. Growing adoption of automated technologies in production facilities also fuels the regional food automation market.
The food automation market is moderately competitive as the major manufacturers operating in the market compete for improving and retaining their market share. After sales service is an important strategy to gain an advantage over the competition. The industry players are competing on the basis of price, distribution, promotion, service quality, innovation, and reputation. Mergers & acquisitions, partnerships, and technological innovations are some of the primary strategies adopted by these companies to ensure long-term growth.
– February 2019 – Emerson announced that it has completed the purchase of Intelligent Platforms from General Electric. The addition of Intelligent Platforms programmable logic controller technologies will enable Emerson, one of the leaders in automation for process and industrial customers, to expand its capabilities in machine control and discrete applications. With this expansion, the company is growing opportunities across process and discrete industries as well as hybrid markets such as metals and mining, food and beverage, life sciences, and packaging.
– July 2018 – Rockwell Automation and PTC, Inc. announced that they have entered into a strategic partnership that is expected to accelerate growth for both the companies and enable them to be the partner of choice for customers who want to transform their physical operations with digital technology.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
For sample report please visit:
For similar reports please visit: www.chemicalandmaterial.com
For similar reports please visit: www.autoindustrypr.com
For similar reports please visit: www.healthcaremarketpr.com
For similar reports please visit: www.machinesandmarket.com